Sunday, September 28, 2014

Campus Outreach and GSU Football


Who says God and football don't mix? Campus Outreach and GSU football mix well. I love Campus Outreach and I love college football. No matter what we are doing or where we are...if we are together then we are surrounded by love and Christ. It's football season and it's Eagle time, but every day and all day long 365 days a year 24/7 it's GOD's time. We can mix Christ and football as long as we are worshiping and honoring Him and bringing Him glory.
 This picture is of my friend Katie.
She is amazing and a very awesome person. She loves the Lord and is a part of Campus Outreach. We do a women's prayer group in Statesboro and we love Georgia Southern. We have become so close so fast and I know that God will bless our friendship with each other. I know I can go to her about anything and she will always be able to cheer me up and give me encouraging words. Every time I see her she has a smile on her face and when we are together it's a great time. The meetings on Wednesday nights are awesome with this chick.
This is my awesome friend Rachel.
She is the one who invited me to join Campus Outreach and welcomed me into the group. Our friendship started with a simple email. Now she is one of my closest friends that I have. She loves the Lord and loves football. I'm so glad God brought us together and allowed us to become friends. She is my "sister in Christ" and I am so grateful for that too. God has blessed my life with her, Katie, Lindsey....and so many others (over 100 people in Campus Outreach). She is always there for me doesn't matter if I need someone to talk to or if I need someone to pray for/with me. She can make me laugh and we can have fun especially at the football games.
This is the very first game two weeks ago.
So to finish up my post........Campus Outreach and football came mix!!! We can have fun and still show others the love of Christ through our actions and our words. I am so thankful for Campus Outreach and so thankful for the people within the organization because they are strengthen my faith because God blessed me with them. Every time I am around them I know I am surrounded by the love of Christ. No one is perfect and that's not what I'm saying, but what I am saying is that they are willing to talk about Christ wherever and whenever.
Proverbs 17:17 says "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born of a time of adversity." Christ certainly blessed me with some amazing people and also blessed me with the love of His Son and His grace. I am thankful for that!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment