Saturday, August 2, 2014

What EBA Has Meant to Me

What EBA Has Meant to Me
   My five years at Edmund Burke Academy (EBA) have been the most INCREDIBLE years of my life.  I thank God for this major blessing every day of my life. The administration, faculty, all the clubs offered, and the atmosphere have become extremely important to me. Since that first day, everyone welcomed me with open arms and encouraging words making every day a blessing. The faculty are concerned about my faith/relationship with Christ. If I do not understand a certain class or my faith, the teachers are there to assist me.
    One such teacher I've had the past three years is now one of my best friends. She has helped me through some of the hardest times of my life; school related and non-school related. Her door is always opened to me, and I can count on her to listen and point me towards the Lord. I am a better person because of her.
     My whole personality changed when I first started EBA. The atmosphere of the school is incredibly and Christ centered. We have Chapel on Thursdays and devotions, prayers at many other times.  I have made some amazing friends throughout the time that I have been at EBA. These are the types of friends I can count on to be by my side when I need a shoulder to cry on.
   The clubs and activities made available are vital. Two clubs that have helped shape me into who I am today are the Fellowship of Christian Students (FCS) and Interact. Interact in particular, has given me the opportunity to help others within my school and community. For example, we participated in Operation Christmas Child program which allowed me to show Christ’s love to a child through a Christmas present. That gives me such a humble feeling in my heart. Another service example is the  “powderpuff” at EBA, that helps donate money for people or other organizations that are in need.
  FCS has given me the opportunity to spread God’s word and show His love throughout my school and my community. It has given me the chance to show how much Christ means to me. Prayer rallies that the school has throughout the years are a major way that I have participated in showing others Christ and what He has done for me.
    Edmund Burke Academy has been a tremendous blessing in my life. This school helped me find my way back to Christ, and for that I am forever thankful. It is going to be extremely hard to leave this wonderful place and all the people here because EBA is more than a school, it is my FAMILY!

No comments:

Post a Comment